Damed Biodegradable Glitter FAQ

  1. What conditions are required for the sparkles to Biodegrade? Heat, water & oxygen are required for micro-organisms to effective do their work, they feast over XX time and turn the sparkles into carbon dioxide, water & biomass.
  2. Will the micro-organisim creep inside my jar and eat up all my sparkles when it’s still in it’s loose form, or if I leave it on the shelf, in the car, in the tent..? No silly! The sparkles will biodegrade only when it’s in the soil, compost or water-waste. If you introduce continuous moist dirty doof fingers to your loose glitter in it’s jar, it may render the micro-organisms to be introduced early and shorten your products expiry. So take care of your loose glitter products!
  3. So, just how long will my sparkles addiction leave no trace, in other words, biodegrade? The $3million dollar question, manufacturer tests claim 90% can compose in 180 days under the right conditions that our little buddy micro-organisms like to live & get to work; in soil, with water and oxygen, maybe longer in your own home compost.
  4. But I just don’t get how the sparkles are biodegradable, what does that really mean!? These sparkles are created from Plant-base material at 72%, a Cellulose derivative, an natural source polymer, from plant cells. The rest of these tiny little hexagon particles contain natural and naturally derived materials to hold it together and make the product non-static, along with the colouring and cosmetically approved metallic like colourant.
  5. How do I stick it all over my face already? Just smear it on! They are set in Gel and ready to wear.